The smallest settlement on the northern shore of Lake Balaton. Its approach is simple, since Örvényes is located west of the Tihany peninsula along road 71. The number of permanent residents is only 160 can be made resident.
The settlement was already inhabited in Roman times. In and around the settlement, the III-IV. Roman building remains from the 1st century have been found.
The Romanesque church of the village dates back to the XIII. was built in the century. The structure of the church in the eastern part of the village has a single nave, straight sanctuary. The people living here were mainly engaged in agriculture and animal husbandry. The village had several water mills, which were already mentioned in 1211.
The settlement, which began to develop in the Middle Ages, was completely destroyed by the Turks. The depopulated village was populated by German settlers in 1733 by Abbot Grasso from Tihany.
The settlement quickly began to develop. The village's Roman Catholic church was built in the 1700s.
It is a settlement rich in whirlwind attractions. A XVIII. In the folk monument-style miller's house, rebuilt in the 19th century, we can now see a collection of ethnography and folk art. Also the XVIII. century monument in the Baroque style, stone bridge with two openings, which is adorned by the statue of St. John. In the vicinity of the village, we can also see the ruins of a Roman villa and a bath building.
The village lives mainly from tourism. Due to the proximity of the Balaton coast, many people come here in the summer. Many people are also attracted by the silence and tranquility of the small village. The Vorvénies area is an excellent place for excursions. We can take a pleasant walk in the area and get to know the flora of the region- and animal world.
A valuable memento of industrial history. It is the oldest in our country, a XI. century water mill. 1211-in the census of the estates of the Tihany Abbey, it is already mentioned as a prosperous mill.
One of the main attractions of the smallest settlement on the northern shore of Lake Balaton is the water mill, which is still in operation today, it is located on the bank of the Pécsely stream.
It has been operating continuously since its foundation, it was rebuilt several times during this time, for the last time in the XVIII. century.
The water mill also served as a filming location: a scene from the Hungarian film Black Town, also set in Lőcs, here, it was taken before the mill wheels.
Opening hours: May 1. – September 30., Tuesday – Sunday: 9h – 16h It is closed from October 1 to April 30, it can only be visited by prior appointment. Phone number: 87/449-360
2023 © Huszár Restaurant
2023. January 31. With K@